Expeditions build the scientific record of key biodiversity areas in need of protection, explore and map them with scientists and young explorers, and capture expeditions on film and in photography to educate and engage the public and key stakeholders on the importance and wonder of these places.
Initial Expeditions to Date
- Cashes Ledge, Seamounts and Canyons in the Atlantic Ocean;
- Buck Island north of the U.S. Virgin Islands in the Caribbean;
- Ewing Bank and other sites in the Gulf of Mexico;
- Tanner and Cortes Banks off the California Coast;
- Papahanaumokuakea -- Northern Hawaiian Islands
- Bioluminescent Bays in Vieques