- Coordinate with nonprofits, agencies & individuals to mobilize conservation groups, fishing associations, business leaders, & local, tribal, state and national policymakers
- Create open-sourced grassroots approach to identify & protect MPAs & to engage public
Action to Protect & Ensure Management
- Create action plans for each marine area under consideration for protection and give priority to those places that, for a combination of reasons related to science, momentum, and political opportunity, present the best chance for protection.
- Engage with top Administration officials in the White House, CEQ, U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, NOAA and with key Members of Congress for protection and management
Access and Enjoyment
- Forge partnerships with museums, aquariums or existing national parks to designate visitors centers for the public to learn about and enjoy these ocean areas through education programs, community assistance projects, and more
- Following the NPS Centennial challenge, the BCI will encourage the American public to find their “Ocean Park” to connect with their history and culture, enjoy nature, and make new discoveries